Acqua Brevetti MiniDUE ¾″ Liquid Water Softener – No Salt Water Softener for the UK
The Acqua Brevetti MiniDUE ¾″ Liquid Water Softener is a compact volumetric proportional mechanical dosing pump water softening system designed to fit on to ¾” (15mm copper or speedfit) pipes. The system simply fits onto the rising main pipe or any pipe supplying a particular device, such as a boiler.
The MineDUE is a great alternative to a water softener due to it being very easy to install and to maintain as replacing the pouches is very simple and quick. The system takes up very little space compared to a traditional softener as well and the cost of maintenance is lower too.
✓ Prevents limescale build up and corrosion for whole house (hot and cold) or individual appliances
✓ Brilliant eco-friendly Non-Salt alternative to a traditional water softener
✓ No electricity, no waste and easy maintenance
✓ Ideal for confined spaces
✓ WRAS Approved
The MiniDUE adds the precise dosage of AcquaSIL 2/15® Liquid to water. AcquaSIL is a 100% safe, food grade polyphosphate used specifically for the treatment of drinking water. MiniDUE provides limescale prevention and corrosion prevention within the systems such as boilers, heaters, showers, taps, radiators, coffee machines, all plumbing fixtures and so on.
The MiniDue is an eco-friendly alternative to a water softener as no water is wasted; as softeners uses thousands of litres every month to regenerate the resin – there is no need with this innovative and space saving device. It also uses no electricity and overall the system is a great innovation in the water treatment industry.
How Does MiniDUE Work?
MiniDUE is a self-priming mechanical volumetric pump that is operated by a turbine which in turn transmits the movement to a special cam shaft that enables the liquid to rise from the refil pouch to the injection valve, where it is injected a small amount of AcquaSIL 2/15® Liquid into the water as it passes through the pipe. The liquid comes in pouches (sold in 250gram and 1000gram variants) that clip onto the system, which makes changing them simplicity itself.
The system comes with a remote installation kit, a 250gram refill, an installation manual and a warranty form.
Acqua Brevetti MiniDUE ¾″ Liquid Water Softener – 30 LPM is available as standard with ¾″ Male connections.and can be installed on a horizontal or vertical pipe by simply adjusting the orientation of the connection block. For whole house protection you can use our larger refill pouch of 1000gram which provides up to 44 cubic meters of dosage (44,000 litres) from a single pouch.
Because MiniDUE uses a liquid solution we guarantee a sludge free operation.
MiniDUE is fully compliant with European Approval EU 98/83/CE for use with drinking water. and is approved by the Italian water quality approval board under DM, no. 174, 06.04.04. The Use of AcquaSIL and specifically the use of Polyphosphates is covered by the standard UNI 8065, part 5.4.1 which indicates the use of polyphosphates for the treatment of scale deposits and corrosion..
Acqua Brevetti MiniDUE ¾″ Liquid Water Softener Features:
- Totally mechanically operated, no power required.
- Absolute and real precise proportional dosage of liquid polyphosphate AcquaSil 2/15®.
- Miniaturized in minimal size dosing station suitable for household applications.
- Remote installation availability. The flexible bag can be installed separately from the dosing pump, when
spaces do not allow the jointly installation.
- Versatile. The pump can be oriented in all directions, just turning it; no need to reverse or disassembly its
- No need to put in by pass or drain the system during refill operations; just replace the flexible bag.
- Non return valve integrated resistant to water counter pressure.
- For the first time suitable also for protection of recessed boilers!, where spaces are very restricted.
Flexible disposable refill bags
Can be jointly or remotely to the pump be installed
Two different sizes available (250 gr. or 1000 gr, for increasing the autonomy)
Completely isolated from hydraulic circuit
The advantages of the Under-Vacuum suction and disposable refills!
- Hygienic advantages. No direct handling form end user.
- No periodic tank cleaning operations required.
- Effective preservation of polyphosphate quality.
- No evaporation of product, avoiding water concentration reduction in the liquid solution.
- No atmospheric contamination.
Total height (B) – 56mm
Height at connection (C) – 94mm
Distance from ground (D) – 300mm
Depth (E) – 103mm